Monday, July 6, 2009

Pregnancy Symptoms: Earliest Signs

The other day I had forgotten to take my afternoon meal as I had continued working on my computer for quite a long lime. Naturally, I was feeling tired and breathless towards the evening. But my radars were up. ‘Is this a pregnancy symptom?’ I wondered.

Rather than getting my hopes up and down, I decided to read up a bit more about the earliest signs of pregnancy. This is what I found out:

i) Implantation bleeding: Many women notice a slightly pinkish blood spotting around 8-16 days after their ovulation. This may be the time the embryo attaches itself to the walls of the uterine.

ii) Increase in basal body temperature: An increase in basal body temperature after missing a period is another indicator.

iii) Missed periods: The biggest and best sign of pregnancy is a missed menstrual period. Then, you can buy a home pregnancy test kit and check out. The Human chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) levels in urine increases when you are pregnant. Do your test with the early morning first urine if you are testing during the early days of pregnancy as this will show even the smallest concentrations of HCG.

iv) Nausea and Vomiting:Even before I missed my period, I started feeling nauseaous during my first pregnancy. Many women start experiencing nausea and vomiting when they are just a week into pregnancy.

A little bit of knowledge does help as I feel much more confident now in spotting my earliest pregnancy symptoms as soon as they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...