Sunday, June 14, 2009

Second Pregnancy and First Child


My little toddler son somewhat started believing that I am pregnant with his little sibling. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth and break his little heart. But it is his hopes and longing that is making me consider that it would be right to have another child.

My son, who is 3 years 4 months old, is pretty possessive of not just his parents but of all his toys and belongings. He hates to share his things with others and this is what made me think that it might be better to have another child. Many people tell me that when there is only one kid in the house, we invariably make him the KING, but when there is a competitor, they learn the rules of sharing and adjustment much earlier and shape up into better social creatures.

I think this might be true because already my son keeps telling me about how -

* he would buy a dual cycle, place the baby at the back and take him (he strongly believes he would have a brother!) so very carefully to the park to play with him.

* he would also take the kid to school with him on his cycle and also bring him back carefully. Also,

* he would get the kid a Dairy Milk Chocolate everyday while coming back from school. (It is a tradition for my son to buy a Dairy Milk everyday while coming back from school and he wants to pass it on to his sibling.)

* He also says he would teach the kid to play cricket, volleyball, football and basketball - all his favourite games!

* Ofcourse, definitely, he would pass on to the baby the art and techniques of his dancing skills.

* And, he says he would seat the baby before the idiot box to catch up on all 'Tom & Jerry' Shows and teach him to laugh at all the right places.

So, this is the reason why I tghink I should get another kid - just to see how many promises and dreams my son keeps up! Were your first kids similarly excited about your second pregnancies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...