Monday, August 4, 2014

Standing up for Anna

Currently, I can sense this growing trend of the two brothers teaming up with each other against me. A few days back, S asked me if I would pack up his school bag with the timetable for the next day. I told him 'No'. A immediately came to me with his hands on the hips and said, "Why can't you keep S's timetable? He is tired and you can't even do that." Though the ulterior motive was to get to play on the PS3 sooner, it was touching to see the 4 year old fighting for his elder brother that I did eventually agree to do it. This standing-up-for-Anna thing has been happening quite frequently now days.

"Why can't you let S play for some more time on the PS3?"

"Why can't S do less homework today?"

"Why can't S have another chocolate?"

"Why can't you read another story to S?"

Mostly, there are certain ulterior motives attached to the demand. For instance, the extra story can be enjoyed by A too. Still the gullible S keeps thinking it's all for his sake. Needless to say, S is basking in all this support. There is a popular Tamil saying,'Thambi udaiyaan padaiku anjaan.' 'A man with a younger brother needn't fear any of life's battles.'

Guess, it is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...