Thursday, July 24, 2014

I gave your stuff away... (Poem)

I gave all your stuff away...
The toys with which you used to play,
The board books we reread everyday,
The blue rocker on which you loved to sway,
The purple stroller on which you lay,
The feeding chair from which you couldn't run away,
I gave them all away today.

When you are back from school,
I don't think you will be cool
that I gave all your stuff away.
Believe me, when I say,
you no longer need them anyway.
It is time to give them away.

You may worry whether they found a good home
I am sure you don't want them broken or alone.
That's why I gave them to kids
who are poor, lonely and on meds.
They have no one to love or be loved.

Believe me, when I say,
your work is not done anyway.
Do you think just this stuff will make their day?
Promise me, my little dear,
you will hold their hand when they are in fear.
Rock them on your blue rocker when they shed a tear.
Read them a story and keep them near.

Do it not for duty and definitely not for charity.
Do it because God made the world round
What goes around comes around.
Believe me, my little darling,
Do it... do it for yourself!
CopyrightArchanaSarat2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...