Friday, July 15, 2011

Marriage Woes of a 5-year old

The other day, me and hubby were watching the movie 'The Father of the Bride' and there comes this really emotional scene where the father is in tears thinking of his daughter leaving his home after marriage.

Sanju, my five-year old son, entered just then and I made a casual remark, "Sanju, I think even I'll cry when you get married."

"Why?" He asked.

"Coz. you will leave me and I will miss you," I said and gave him a hug. I promptly forgot all about the matter.

About two hours later, when I was about to take a nap, my son entered the room in tears. Since he had just recently got staples on his chin and head (from two separate consecutive injuries, by the way!) I was very concerned.

Me: What happened, dear?
Sanju: (too choked with tears that he couldn't speak for sometime) I... I...
Me: What? Did you hurt yourself?
Sanju: No, I am sad.
Me: Why?
Sanju: Because I have to leave you after I get married...
Me and hubby burst out laughing in relief and wonder.
Me: No, darling, you don't have to leave me unless you want to...
Sanju: I don't want to.
Me: Then you don't have to leave me. We will all live together.
Sanju: I have an idea.
Me: hmmm.. tell me..
Sanju: I will marry you. Then we can both be happy together and I can be with you always!
Me: Okay. Thats a great idea!
Hubby: Sanju loves you a lot!
Me: Let's see after another 20 years!

5 comments:

  1. He will love you even after 20 years but might not want to marry you or live with you. LOL

    Experience of a grandma speaks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chitra- Thanks. Life with kids is always interesting.

    @ Zephyr - I hope he lives at least near me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa.. I too, at times woe to my husband that my son will do that.. after years!.. not marrying me.. running behind his wife!! and i say that, i would accept it wid pleasure! but, let me see, if i stick on to that!
    http://pencilstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we would have no choice but to accept it! However, I don't know about the 'with pleasure' part!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...