Thursday, October 14, 2010

Now I know why I shouldn't start work again so soon!

Now I know why I shouldn't start work again so soon!

I was ecstatic when I started on this small temporary project a couple of weeks ago. The deadline for the same was the 8th and I was making progress perfectly.

By the 7th, I had done around 80% of the work and was planning to complete the balance in the next 2 days. How optimistic this sounds!!! The blow struck and how:

6th Night 12.30 a.m- Sanju is bawling. He has too many mouth ulcers and they are paining like crazy.
7th Morning 8.00 a.m- Aaru is due for Triple Antigen. Decided to show Sanju to the doc too. Sanju diagnosed with Hand, Foot & Mouth disease. (Got it from school where an epidemic of this disease is going on) Doctor says there is a high risk that Aaru may catch it from Sanju too. (I am still crossing my fingers that this doesn’t happen!)
7th Entire Day- Sanju crying while Aaru is down with fever because of the shots.
8th Morning 7.30 a.m- Hubby unable to get up from bed – severe dizziness…
8th Morning 10.30a.m- Doctor rushed home and diagnosed a mild(?!) case of Vertigo. Hubby unable to get out of bed for the next 3 days.

So, what did I do? Quit? Nope. I completed the project as promised and dispatched it on time. It was tough to do that but I had no choice. I feel that once I promise that a work will go through, there is no choice but to make sure it happens even if it means I have to give up sleep.

I am not only a writer but I have also employed writers before and it did irritate me immensely when a writer wanted the deadlines to be extended. Maybe that is why, I did not want to do the same!

Anyway, it is done and over with now and I am pretty excited to see my name in print once again!

2 comments:

  1. Super Congrats Archana.. that was some achievement... wonder what I'd've done.. Tough call. Sympathies for the Sanju, Naisha had it once too. Was thrilled to survive on custard, kheer and ice creams. It should go in three days... How's the husband? What's this vertigo? I thought that had something to do with heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW post the piece.. would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...