Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Last 10 months: A summary

The last 10 months I took a break from tapping the keys of my laptop. From the day I came to know I am pregnant, I took a break from blogging but I did continue to journal in the traditional manner, with pen & paper. I thought I’ll share a few glimpses from that journal with you.

17.11.2009

It was the first time Aaru (Aaran Krishna – my second child) showed up as a faint little extra line in the home pregnancy test kit. I was ecstatic. I am going to continue this post as a direct talk to my little dear one.

Dear Aaru,

20.11.2009

You showed up in all your glory. I kept hoping you were a girl. Then a few months later, I wanted you to be a boy. Then towards the end of pregnancy, especially after dad’s granny’s death, I was hoping you would be a girl. Especially because I wanted to name you as ‘Kartiga’ in her memory. She was a wonderful, kind-hearted person and it is really too bad that you didn’t get a chance to meet her.

April 2010


I was diagnosed with Herpes Zoster on my left leg and it was the most horrible part of your pregnancy. I remember my fear and horror about whether I would lose you. For the first time, I realised I love you as much as I love your brother Sanju. Till then I had wondered whether I could ever love anyone as much as my dear little Sanju. (Now, he seems so big and you seem like the little one!)

9.6.2010

It is a week since I reached Nani’s house. You are 2 kgs and the second blow has fallen – I have hypothyroidism – diagnosed only now! We all prayed I didn’t have it in the initial trimester when it could have harmed you! However, the doctor assured me that it could have definitely not affected you. Thank God!

2.7.2010

Started to pack the hospital bags.

14.7.2010

The doctor has asked us to fix a date for a planned c-section as your head has not set at all. You are still moving all around my tummy. We decided for 21.7.2010 as advised by the pandit. I was happy as it was my darling brother’s b’day too. On that day, between 6-7 a.m was the time fixed for your delivery.

21.7.2010

That is a whole big another story. Let’s reserve it for the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...